Carpet Care :
Normal Day-To-Day Care
1. Frequent, thorough vacuuming.
2. Clean up spills promptly.
3. Have professionally cleaned every 1-2 years.
The most important thing you can do to keep your carpet looking great is to vacuum it thoroughly and frequently, particularly in high traffic areas. Vacuuming helps remove dirt particles which dull the capret’s appearance. For best results, use a vacuum cleaner with beater bars and good suction. Make sure the vacuum is set to the proper height so as to not damage the carpet fiber.
Basic Cleaning Steps for Common Food and Beverages Stains
1. Immediately scoop up as much of the spill as possible. Then blot, do not rub, with clean, white absorbent cloth or paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. Apply warm water to the stained area. Then blot with clean white cloth or paper towels. Do not rub, as rubbing can alter the carpet’s texture. Repeat until no stain is evident on cloth or towels.
3. If stain remains on carpet, make a solution of warm water and mild non bleach liquid laundry detergent (1tsp to 1 qt water). Using a clean white cloth apply solution to stain and let soak for 5 min.
4. Then blot up the excess moisture. Rinse with warm water and blot thoroughly using a clean white cloth to remove the water. Repeat until all the detergent is removed, any residual detergent may accesleratee soiling.
5. Absore remaining moisture with layers of white paper towels, weighted down overnight with an object.
6. When completely dry, vacuum or brush the pile to restore texture.
Cleaning Other Difficult Stains
Any spill should be cleaned up immediately. The longer it sit’s the more difficult it may be to remove. While the substances below usually can be cleaned up successfully with prompt, proper steps, some stains may require professional cleaning.
Stain Cleaning Procedure Stain Cleaning Procedure Stain Cleaning Procedure